Obstructive sleep apnea is an extremely serious condition that should not be taken lightly. The very definition of sleep apnea is a “cessation of breathing”, meaning that you literally stop breathing while asleep. Most people can identify with the primary indicator of sleep apnea, the loud and obnoxious snoring. While the snoring is very irritable for both the sufferer of sleep apnea and there partner what is even more dangerous is the lack of breath the sufferer is getting while asleep.
The health risks associated with sleep apnea are numerous: heart attack, excessive daytime sleepiness (major contributor to automobile accidents), morning headaches, weight gain, gastric reflux, dry mouth, sore throat, slow metabolism, inability to lose weight, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, heightened anxiety, poor job performance, heavy snoring, poor short term memory, impaired concentration. For those who are suffering from sleep apnea getting treatment should be of an utmost priority.
For people with sleep apnea living in the Seattle area the most recognized doctor for sleep apnea treatment is Dr. Joe Albert. Dr. Albert is one of the Northwest’s leading qualified sleep disorders dentists; Dr. Albert believes an experienced sleep-disorder dentist must have the following qualifications:
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of sleep medicine and jaw joint function.
- Be highly trained in all aspects of Oral Appliance Therapy for snoring and sleep apnea.
- Have a good working relationship with local sleep labs and sleep physicians.
- Practice a collaborative, interactive approach with other health professionals such as cardiologists, pulmonologists and/or endocrinologists.
- Demonstrate a proven follow up system to ensure healthy results long term.
- Exhibit an in-depth knowledge of oral appliance research.
- Provide a statement of informed consent that fully explains all possible side effects of treatment.
- Understand that oral appliance therapy is not always the most beneficial treatment and be willing to suggest alternatives.
Dr. Albert believes in bringing the highest amount of quality care to treating his patients; his extensive knowledge and large network of health care professionals will ensure that you get the help and treatment necessary. To get help for this serious condition either click the link below to visit Dr. Albert’s main practice website and fill out an appointment request, or call the number below and schedule an appointment.
(425) 771-3266 Click Here For Appointment